Sunday, November 09, 2014

First Interview, Second Interview

Last Sunday was the first interview for our possible move to Japan!  The Human Resources Director and the Head of School were easy to talk to, and the discussion mostly centered on the logistics of living in Japan.  Of course, this was an area that we already knew a lot about!  They wanted to make sure we understood what we might be getting ourselves into.  Actually, we received some good news. We had prepared ourselves that we would be living in a very small house or apartment... probably about 1000 square feet or less and we thought finding a 4 bedroom would be nearly impossible.  But they assured us that if they were given enough time, it would not be too difficult to find a 4 bedroom house (It will still be tiny by American standards, though)!!  This made me really pleased!  Jordan has had his own space for a couple of years now, and I wasn't too sure about putting him back into a room with Nathan.

At the end of the interview, they said that they would like to have another interview in the coming days with the principals of the elementary and middle school.  The Head of School said, at that time, they would have four possible scenarios:

1)We don't have a position for you.
2)We are still interested, but we don't have a position yet.
3)We would like you to come, but we aren't sure exactly where we will place you yet.
4)We want you to come and you will be placed in this role.


I waited all week to hear back about a time for the next interview.  (WAITING IS HARD!!!)  On Saturday morning, I received an email.  Next interview will be with the Head of School, the interim elementary school principal, the returning elementary school principal, and the middle school principal on Tuesday evening at 7:30.  I also noticed on their school website that, besides an elementary position, a middle school math, science, Bible teacher position has opened up!  If you know me then you  know that I am very passionate about Math and Bible!!!  Science, while I love learning it, would take some studying on my part to learn how to teach, but I feel like I could do it.  So now I am left wondering if the middle school position isn't the better fit for me, for my strengths and passions?  Of course I don't get to decide, but I do know that God has gifted me in certain areas, and it wouldn't surprise me to discover that He had opened up this position at this time, just for me. :-)

Please be praying about this interview... TUESDAY 7:30PM Eastern time!  THANKS everyone!

Also, stay tuned for my next blog post.  I have a really cool God story to tell.  One of those things I couldn't make up if I tried. :-)

No comments: