Wednesday, November 12, 2014

While I'm Waiting...

But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.
Romans 8:25


Last night's interview went fairly well.  It was suppose to be with the Head of School, the interim elementary principal, the regular elementary principal, and the middle school principal.  It turned out that the regular elementary principal was sick, and the middle school principal was there, but she had lost her voice!  So, the questions came mainly from the head of school and the interim elementary school principal.  It wasn't too bad.  There were a few questions that I wish I had better answers for, but overall I was pleased.  We did talk about my passions and my "ideal" and I told them that my strengths would be Math and Bible, and everything else is on the same level of interest for me.  I joked that I'm probably not the best choice for an older lit class, mentioning that poetry drives me a little crazy and I wish people would just say what they mean instead of making me try to figure it out!  (Hey- I said I was a math person!)  They said they try to honor peoples' gifts and passions, but that a contract is offered for work, and not for a specific position.  I am totally fine with that.  I'd work anywhere that I am qualified to work, and do it gladly, giving 110%.  I just think it would be totally amazing if God put me in a place where I could teach what I love the most!  They did send a follow up email asking what level of math I'd be comfortable teaching, did it include Algebra?  I answered with a resounding YES!  I love Algebra!!  

At the end of the interview they told me that they were definitely interested, but they needed some time for the undecideds that are currently on staff to decide what their plans were for the coming school year.  Once they had a clearer picture of their needs, they would get back with me.  They said not to expect to hear anything in November.   So we wait.  With patient confidence.  I know that God has called us to Japan.  I don't know God's timing.  We are completely trusting God in the process.  Waiting is hard, not because I am fearful or anxious about whether or not I'll be hired... Either way, I believe God's plan will unfold.  Waiting is hard because something is unknown, and it makes you feel kind of "stuck" in one place.  You can't DO anything but wait.  You are powerless to make anything happen more quickly.  I love John Waller's song "While I'm Waiting"- It reminds me that I am not "stuck" and I don't have to be "standing still" even in the waiting...

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
And I am hopeful, I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it is painful, but patiently I will wait

And I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
And I am peaceful, I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it's not easy no, but faithfully I will wait
Yes, I will wait






No comments: