Saturday, November 01, 2014

Some exciting possibilities for the Van Clan!

"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world." Psalm 46:10 NLT

Some of you might notice that this is not my usual blog! This blog was one I started way way way back in 2003, we were living in Japan at the time. Our lives looked much different then than they do now!

So WHY am I bringing back this old blog? To tell everyone about an exciting opportunity that our family is pursuing, and to ask for you to join us in prayer for God's perfect will to be accomplished. A few weeks ago (see previous post) I applied to teach at an international Christian school in Japan. This school primarily serves the children of missionaries, and the children of Japanese parents who want their children to receive a Christian education or just to be educated in English. Tomorrow evening (Monday morning in Japan), I have a SKYPE interview! This will be the first of two interviews, assuming we get past the first one.

Mark and I have always felt called to missions. When we received orders in 2000, we thought God was taking us to Japan so that we could save money for our future missions work in Africa or someplace "needy". What actually happened is that God knit our hearts to the beautiful country of Japan, and showed us that it is home to some of the most spiritually "needy" people. Sometime around 2002-2003, we began to realize that God was calling us to Japan. We left Japan in 2007, knowing that someday we would like to return, but not having any idea how that would/could happen. I once heard someone say, "God draws straight with crooked lines." And I would say that is EXACTLY what He has done and is doing with us! Seven years ago, we could never have imagined this as the the path to Japan that God had for us!

So, I am reviving this blog in faith that God is leading us back to the country and people we fell in love with over ten years ago. Mark and I would love it if you would pray for us, for our children, and for God's perfect plan to unfold. Join us on our journey, hopefully leading us back to Japan without too many more crooked-straight lines!


UPDATE:  As I was posting this, Jordan and Kloe's passports arrived in our mailbox.  :-)